The process of galvanization is extremely crucial when it comes to steel structures. The main reason being galvanization protects the steel from all natural elements increasing the longevity of the metal. Over the years through successful testing, application and research it has been discovered that hot dip galvanization is the most successful in the protecting steel for longer period of time, than any other galvanization.
Let’s take a look at what hot dip galvanization is, and how effective and durable it is in protecting steel structures!
What is Hot Dip Galvanization, and how does it work?
The hot-dip galvanizing technique is one of the most widely utilized galvanizing methods. It is carried out by immersing steel in molten zinc, which results in creating a coating of zinc over the steel. During this process the temperatures in the bath of molten zinc are around 840°F (449°C). Once removed from the bath, the zinc coating on the iron or steel’s exterior reacts with oxygen in the atmosphere to form (ZnO) Zinc oxide. This Zinc oxide further reacts with carbon dioxide in the atmosphere to form a more compact protective layer known as (ZnCO3) Zinc carbonate. This Zinc carbonate reflects a dull grayish film, which is relatively stable and adheres tightly to the surface of the steel. This results in the hot-dip galvanizing process to create a chemical balance, which ensures that the zinc is chemically bonded to the underlying metal and becomes part of the steel that is being protected through the hot dip galvanizing process.
This approach of hot dip galvanization highlights many benefits for steel structure, let’s take a look at some of the major advantages of Hot Dip Galvanization on steel.
Advantages of Hot Dip Galvanization on Steel
- Longevity: A hot dip galvanized structure can endure between 30 and 60 years, depending on the amount of time it is exposed to corrosive elements. Besides, this it is a chemical bonding process and hence is un-reactive to regular corrosion process like salt water and rainfall
- Cost savings: once galvanized, the structure doesn’t need to be painted or maintained.
- Versatility: once the technique has proven to be capable of safeguarding a wide range of items in terms of size and shape, it can be used to protect a wide range of products.
- Coating is guaranteed inside and out since the treated structure is totally immersed.
- Triple protection: increased resistance to knocks, scratches, and abrasion through physical, electrochemical, and self-curing improvements.
- Satiny appearance: Many customers prefer its trendy and glossy appearance.
These benefits clearly showcases that hot dip galvanization is absolutely ideal to protect steel against elemental challenge that cause corrosion. Further the chemical bonding structure allows it to stand un-reactive clearly indicating the lost lasting durability that hot dip galvanization have over other galvanization processes.
So if you are looking for hot dip galvanization for your steel or other metal structures you can get in touch with us, we would be happy to help you.
Why Choose Us
At Galvanizer our team work relentlessly to come up with innovation’s that can deliver you ultimate experience of galvanized products. Our multi-lateral testing and development process ensures delivering our client premiere quality of galvanizing process. With decades of industry experience we offer nothing but the best. We provide assistance in helping you select the best solution for your metal business. To know more on service and business related inquiry get in touch with us.