The process of galvanization is extremely crucial when it comes to businesses dealing with metal industry. The main reason being galvanization protects the metal from all natural elements increasing the longevity of the metal. Over the years through successful testing, application and research it has been discovered that hot dip galvanization is the most successful in protecting metals for longer period of time, than any other galvanization.
Let’s take a look at what hot dip galvanization is, and how effective and durable it is!
What is Hot Dip Galvanization?
Hot-dip galvanizing process is one of the most used application of galvanizing process. This process highlights coating a steel or iron object by submerging it into a bath of molten zinc. The bath of molten zinc showcases temperatures around 840°F (449°C). Once removed from the bath, the zinc coating on the iron or steel’s exterior reacts with oxygen in the atmosphere to form (ZnO) Zinc oxide. This Zinc oxide further reacts with carbon dioxide in the atmosphere to form a more compact protective layer known as (ZnCO3) Zinc carbonate. This Zinc carbonate reflects a dull grayish film, which is relatively stable and adheres tightly to the surface of the steel or iron. This results in the hot-dip galvanizing process to create a chemical balance, which ensures that the zinc is chemically bonded to the underlying metal and becomes part of the steel or metal that is being protected through the hot dip galvanizing process.
It is because of this reason Hot Dip Galvanization comes with many benefit, some of which are:
Application level benefits of Hot Dip Galvanization
- It is a chemical bonding process and hence is un-reactive to regular corrosion process like salt water and rainfall
- The use of hot dip process is generally applied to metal that will be exposed to natural element. And can be used for any size of metal.
- Easily lasts up to 10 years – but there are historical data evidences suggesting Hot dip galvanization if performed with highest accuracy has been seen to deliver protection and longevity between 34 to 170 years for steel.
- Hot dip galvanization is developed from chemical bonding process and hence is more resistant to corrosion.
- The coating thickness of zinc is extremely high with uneven rough finish making it absolutely perfect handle even the worst of environment conditions
- Surface layer is much thicker and rougher after the hot dip galvanization is done creating a larger surface tension against corrosion and hence allows the metal to last a longer period of time.
These benefits clearly showcases that hot dip Galvanizing is absolutely ideal to protect steel and other metals against elemental challenge that cause corrosion. Further the chemical bonding structure allows it to stand un-reactive clearly indicating the lost lasting durability that hot dip galvanization have over other galvanization processes.
So if you are looking for hot dip galvanization for your steel or other metal structures you can get in touch with us, we would be happy to help you.
Why Choose Galvanizer
At Galvanizer our team work relentlessly to come up with innovation’s that can deliver you ultimate experience of galvanized products. Our multi-lateral testing and development process ensures delivering our client premiere quality of galvanizing process. With decades of industry experience we offer nothing but the best. We provide assistance in helping you select the best solution for your metal business. To know more on service and business related inquiry get in touch with us.