With technology reaching a zenith of success, people have been blessed with so many comforts through machineries and tech savvy products that now, the absence of any of them can make a large difference to them. In case of the high end machineries, it is very important that it’s functioning takes place in a smooth way and this possible by taking minute care of every machinery, in a delicate manner.
Before we proceed for the Earthing material it is vital to know why do we need the Earthing strips.
Earthing or Grounding an object/tower means providing an electrical connection between that object/tower and mother earth. This electric connection is achieved by running an electrical wire/strip between the tower and an earth electrode. Earth electrode is a metal plate/pipe/sphere properly embedded at a depth in the earth.
Therefore the main objective of earthing is to provide an alternative path for the fault current to flow so that it does not endanger the user of damage the equipment.
A good earthing system should have the following features:
- By blowing fuse it can protect the user from danger of electrical shock.
- It should ensure that the conductive parts of the electrical appliances should not reach an alarming level of potential.
- For successful dissipation of short circuit current it must provide a safe conducting path.
- Preserves the voltage at any part of an electrical system at a known value to avoid passing of excessive current or voltage on the appliances or equipment.
And now it comes into the mind of everyone as to how efficiency as well as the durability of the electrical equipments can be increased by galvanization technique.
Galvanization is considered to be a coating process among zinc, steel and iron. It alloys with the base metal surface while having the metal immersed in the molten zinc bath. It is performed at temperature of about 840 degree Fahrenheit. Furthermore, galvanized steel is used widely in applications especially where there is required corrosion resistance without involving stainless steel cost. It is also considered superior with regards to life-cycle and cost. Crystallization patterning existing on the surface is what identifies it.
Therefore like most of the corrosion protection galvanizing of Earthing Strips tends to act as barrier between atmosphere and steel. Since steel is vulnerable to atmosphere, erosion takes place when exposed to air and water.
Here are few points of efficiency by galvanization:
- Low cost and easily affordable: By zinc coating of the steel it becomes affordable to large scale business as well for household goods where the erosion is maintained and also protects the high end machinery within affordable budget to get damage.
- Reliability: Galvanization helps the equipments to be more reliable, ductile and can withstand high voltage.
- Adaptability: Galvanization provides an alternative path in the electrical system to minimize the dangerous effect in the electrical system which happens at the time of lighting and unintentional contact with high voltage lines.
- Safety: Galvanized high end machinery has a high level of safety procedure saving human life from electrical shocks and even secure the high end machinery by providing a safe path of lighting and short circuit.
Earthing system can prevent the dangerous effects of electricity. And by using galvanized strips, the efficiency, durability and ductility of the electrical appliances could be maintained in a neat way.