Steel is the most common material that is immensely used in the industrial sector for variety of applications. If steel is left out in open, or if it’s used on a continuous basis then it is bound to get affected by wear and tear and especially the effect of corrosion can result in its damage. Galvanization is the process by which a protective layer of zinc is applied on the steel based surfaces to prevent the process of rusting. Thus, Galvanized steel becomes strong and safe from the effect of corrosion. The hot dip galvanizing Services in Vadodara are very famous as they help in getting the best steel with galvanized coating. In hot dip galvanization process the steel surfaces are submerged in zinc solutions and that gives a long-lasting coating with supreme results. There are both pros as well as some cons of galvanized steel that you must know before availing such facility.
The Pros of Galvanized Steel
There are many advantages of getting the steel galvanized and they are listed as follows-
Durability- The galvanization process of steel makes it highly durable. Thus, its strength can be increased multiple times.
Longevity – With the galvanization process the life of steel based structures can be improved to a great extent.
Rust free – The galvanization of steel helps in checking rust and the steel surfaces will not be corroded easily.
Finishing – The layer of zinc oxide and advanced chemical processing makes Galvanized steel perfect looking and the finishing appears smooth.
Protection from contamination – Galvanized steel will not get contaminated by the effect of other chemicals and harmful substances; thereby its performance level will remain intact.
Ease in inspection – If steel surfaces would be galvanized then it would become very easy to inspect them and it would eventually save a lot of time as well as efforts.
Scratch free – The steel that goes under the process of galvanization usually becomes scratch free to a great extent.
Right decision for long run – Getting the steel galvanized is a very fruitful decision for the long run because it saves a lot of cost of replacement, thereby helps in saving a lot of money.
The Cons of Galvanized Steel
If you are looking for hot dip galvanizing Services in Vadodara then make sure to understand that there can be some minor disadvantages while availing such services –
Cost factor – Sometimes the wrong agency may charge really high prices for providing galvanization process for steel. Stay away from such sources and choose an affordable medium.
Hot dip galvanization is not the only way – Although hot dip galvanization is one of the best methods for galvanizing steel, but sometimes it may not be feasible. In those cases, other methods such as painting, spraying, etc. may be used. It may happen when the steel structures are either too big or too small making them unsuitable for hot dip galvanization process.
Incorrect processing – Not all companies are credible for availing galvanization facilities because incorrect processing of Galvanized steel is very often seen when there is lack of expert knowledge.
Call us: +91 80008 42648 or visit: galvanizers.co.in for more information.
Steel is one such material whose importance cannot be underestimated in the industrial sector. It is used in variety of structures, equipment, processes and industrial settings. The two most famous types of steels are none other than galvanized steel and the stainless steel. Many people think that galvanized steel and stainless steel is the same thing because of their similar look but in reality they are different from each other. These two varieties of steel are different when it comes to their composition, strength and other features and one must know the distinction very clearly.
The difference between galvanized steel and stainless steel
There is no doubt that both galvanized steel as well as stainless steel are exceptionally good for industrial use but there are a lot of differences between the two options and they are highlighted as follows-
- Composition – Galvanized steel is obtained by applying a zinc coating on the steel surface to protect it from corrosion and there are Galvanizing Services in Vadodara for obtaining high quality galvanized steel. Whereas the stainless steel is actually the steel alloy that contains at least 10.5% of chromium that helps in corrosion resistance.
- Affordability – Galvanized steel is more affordable than stainless steel because in stainless steel two or more substances are usually embedded to get steel that result in higher costs. Whereas in galvanized steel the already existing steel is coated with the zinc layer that can be done by the processes like hot dip galvanization, spraying, painting etc. The Galvanizing Services in Vadodara is the best for obtaining any help in this domain.
- Uses – Galvanized steel being less costly can be used for immense applications like construction projects, pipe based fittings, in fencing arrangements, roof installations, in making various industrial equipment, and for many other applications. Stainless steel is costly thus it can be mainly used for big projects where monuments, structures or buildings are to be built with its support.
Thus, there are a lot of fronts on which the galvanized and stainless steel differ from each other. Based on the customized needs the right one can be selected for various industrial applications.
The unimaginable benefits of galvanized steel for industrial components
There are many industrial and factory based components like cable trays, crash barriers, raceways, earthing strips, substation structures etc. that require galvanization services time and again. It is very important to get such components galvanized because it helps in increasing their life, strength and effectiveness level. The galvanization process creates an active layer of zinc on the steel items that prevents corrosion and thus helps them in becoming absolutely rust free.
Read more The Benefits of Galvanized Steel | Tanya Galvanizers
The Galvanizing Services in Vadodara are trustworthy when it comes to the need of galvanizing any steel based materials. And another important point to note is that these services are very reasonably priced and thus the clients don’t have to face any sort of financial burden. Galvanization is the most effective way to ensure top notch finishing for substances made of steel and it also makes them scratch free.
Nobody can imagine the development of an economy without the progress of industrial sector. And when it actually comes to the industrial sector it is highly dependent on the various industrial and factory based components that ensure smooth functioning of the entire system. If these industrial components will not run smoothly then everything will come to a standstill and that is why it is absolutely necessary to take care of them, thus galvanization of industrial components is vital.
Why galvanization of industrial components is essential?
Galvanization is highly essential for the industrial and factory based components as it prevents them from the effect of rusting. In the 21st century almost all the smart enterprises opt for the process of galvanization for their industrial and factory based components. In this process usually a protective layer of zinc is applied like a coating to iron or steel surfaces and thereby the life of such components increases by manifolds and they are able to run smoothly for a longer duration without any troubles.
One of the most common methods of galvanization is hot dip galvanizing where these components are submerged in the molten zinc solution. Galvanization is one of the best processes for safeguarding the essential components and once it is done, very less maintenance is required for the components. It is a reliable and trusted method that can be done very fast and the components that are galvanized are very easy to inspect as well.
The galvanization of industrial components that a must are listed below:
Here are some components that are highly used in the industrial sector and in factories and for them proper galvanization is required time and again –
- Cable trays – Cable trays are highly used in the power and electrical sector and without them one cannot even think that the power supply sector can run with perfection. It is very important to look after the Galvanizing of Cable trays as with high end coating the corrosive substances would be unable to reach the underlying surface. The life of cable trays will enhance with the galvanization process and it will function like a new component for many years to come in future.
- Crash barriers – Crash barriers are vital for road safety measures and as they remain in the open surroundings they are more prone to rust. Galvanizing services for Crash barriers are highly essential as otherwise it can become completely corroded. The process of galvanization will provide a supreme coating on the surface of crash barriers and its durability will increase to an unimaginable level.
- Raceways – Raceways form physical pathways for the purposes of electrical wiring. Thus in the field of electronics it is a highly demanded component. Galvanizing of raceways will provide it a really long life and there will be much less maintenance required in the future. The tougher coating will ensure automatic protection from any sort of damages that may occur because of coming in contact with atmospheric substances.
- Earthing strips – The use of earthing strips is in various industrial sectors like electrical industries, automobile industries, engineering sector etc. In order to maintain a really good life and quality level the process of Galvanizing of earthing strips is very crucial. It will make the earthing strips more sustainable and they would become much easy to maintain.
Many people think that galvanization is an extra burden on the pocket but in reality the truth is something else. It is not an expense but it is actually an investment. With galvanization process the life of all the industrial components multiply and when one will analyze it actually leads to long term savings. Thus it is very important to get the industrial/factory components galvanized so that they can function without any interruption.