The continuous change in the world’s environment has created a steady rise in the process of corrosion against almost every man made structure across the globe. In such a scenario galvanized structures. i.e. “steel and other materials” are the best resolution to fight against corrosion and other corrosive agents.
In most scenarios’ hot dip of galvanized steel structures are done after the process of fabrication. However, in order to allocate a successful hot dip on fabricated steel structure the organizations providing hot dip galvanized services should take into consideration the following major factors:
- In order to properly complete hot dip galvanization organization must avoid narrows gap between the plates that has been laid for the process.
- One should also take a close look that no surfaces are overlapped during the process of hot dip galvanization.
- Taking proper measures to ensure that no overlapping took place in case of angles when placed back to back and even in case of the channels.
- While hot dipping fabricated steel it is important to ensure that the gap between the contacting surface and structure should not be more than 2.4mm. This will allow cleaning solution to enter the structure but the entry of zinc can be completely avoided as zinc is harmful for the steel structure during the process of hot dip galvanization.
- To attain a successful hot dip galvanization process for steel structure it is important that all the welding, are completely sealed and even a opening for a pin is not left over to ensure that no explosion takes places during the process, as trapped air in the structure can give rise to explosion during the process of galvanization.
These important points should always be taken care of while hot dipping a fabricated structure for the process of galvanization. Further, it is suggestible to create sub-assemblies and assemblies for progressive dip because this would allow the structure to be submerge in a single go creating a uniform expansion and contraction.
Get in touch with us call: +91 8000842648